Business Comes AliveCourse ref BCA2C
This highly interactive and well-regarded two-day training simulation provides a thorough grounding in key areas of business decision-making and in developing “Finance for non-finance managers” skills. Hone business acumen by taking commercial decisions and seeing the outcomes when handling for example the risks associated with pricing, product or service selection, payment terms, and significant expansion, all of which can affect turnover, profitability and survival. It focuses on real life situations and practical essential business decisions. Working in a realistic, competitive simulation environment with the other delegates and the course presenter, participants improve their business skills, share experiences and learn in an enjoyable and engaging yet risk-free environment.
Who should attend?
This course will be highly beneficial for:
- Senior managers with responsibility for budgets, projects and commercial decision-making
- Managers who need to understand how businesses work, in order to make their own area more profitable (make money, save money)
- Senior staff from technical backgrounds who are now in wider management and leadership roles, who need to improve their general business skills and financial understanding
- Owners of new or growing businesses
- Fast track graduates or individuals on the promotion ladder needing additional new skills sets.
What will I come away with?
A wide variety of tangible learning outcomes can typically be achieved, for example:
- Improved profitability
- Improved budgeting and resource planning
- Better buying
- Reduced waste
- Managers develop better business acumen
- Improved pricing
- Better business communications
- Improved credit control
What does this course cover?
Delegates work in teams to learn to how to run their businesses better. The experienced course presenter underpins all learning with coaching in the following areas:
Commercial Skills and Knowledge Financial Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding and using Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Forecasts
- Sales and marketing strategies
- Pricing tactics
- Margins and break-even points
- Differentiating a business from the competition
- Controlling expansion
- Budgeting and budget variances
- Cash management
- Investment decision making
- Using financial ratios to diagnose results
- Understanding why head offices and senior managers ask the performance questions they do
Other courses to consider?
Please contact us to check on public course dates availability.
Presented for 4 to 15 people.
This course is fully tailorable to the needs of your organisation.
A common trait amongst the people who come along is that they have often found themselves in management positions because of their technical excellence. Improved business skills, better business acumen and a grasp of financial information are often expected in their promoted roles.
- “The guys returned yesterday with very good feedback about the course. Actually I’ve never seen anyone so excited about training”
- “Most interesting training I’ve ever seen”
- “Competitive element is a great benefit to the course. Course was perfect for my level of understanding” (project manager).
- “Thanks for the excellent course…..made it a fun and easy way to learn…..paid for itself already one week after the event”
- “As much useful practical business information in 2 days as I learned in a 4-year business degree course”