The Effective Line ManagerCourse ref MEF2C
This highly interactive and practical one-day course introduces delegates to the essentials of good line management practice.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is new to the role of the supervisor or line manager and who would benefit from help in meeting their new responsibilities, and anyone who has had no formal management training on the topics included.
What will I come away with?
- Higher confidence levels
- Familiarity with key management concepts
- Improved management skills that can be used in your role
- Personal action plan and commitment to improvement
What does this course cover?
- The role of the manager
- Management styles, and matching them to the situation
- Building high staff engagement and high motivation
- Building an effective team
- Effective communication up, down and across
- Linking values and behaviour
- Setting expectations and managing performance
- Introduction to recruitment and induction
- Introduction to leadership
- Tricky management situations
Other courses to consider?
Please contact us to check on public course dates availability.
Presented for up to 12 people.
This course is fully tailorable to the needs of your organisation.
“Effective management is all about getting things done right”
“Management is, above all, a practice where art, science, and craft meet.” Henry Mintzberg