Skills for the New ManagerCourse ref MI1C
This highly interactive and practical one-day course covers a number of the topics which a new manager will need, to provide a good foundation on which to build their management knowledge and skills, and so begin their management journey.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for people who are new to a line management role or who have had no formal training in the topics covered.
What will I come away with?
- Higher confidence levels
- Familiarity with key management concepts
- Improved management skills that can be used in your role
- Personal action plan and commitment to improvement
What does this course cover?
- Understanding your role and responsibilities
- Establishing your authority
- Motivating yourself and others
- Developing your personal organisation and effectiveness
- Delegating – and avoiding micro management
- Effective behaviour – passive, aggressive or assertive
- Communication – questioning, listening and non-verbal communication
- Feedback skills
- Identifying your own personal development needs
Other courses to consider?
Please contact us to check on public course dates availability.
Presented for up to 12 people.
This course is fully tailorable to the needs of your organisation.
“Making the jump from individual contributor to first-time manager can be one of the most difficult transitions in your career.” Business Insider