Negotiation SkillsCourse ref BD1C
This highly interactive course takes a ‘hands-on’ approach with practical activities helping to practice the new negotiation skills learned. Aide memoires are used to provide constructive feedback and coaching to delegates and also help delegates when they embark on real-life negotiations.
Who should attend?
This Negotiation Skills course helps anybody who needs to get a good grasp of the basics of negotiating. The sort of people who usually attend are senior / middle managers, project managers, commercial managers, product managers, sales staff etc.
Although business focussed, the skills learned will be equally applicable in interpersonal situations.
What will I come away with?
Skills developed include:
- Being able to recognise different negotiating situations: E.g. Is a win/win outcome vital?
- Understanding the stages of a negotiation/knowing what steps to take at each:
- Knowing the tactics likely to come up and how to handle them.
- Understanding all the different roles that may need to be played as negotiations progress.
What does this course cover?
- Preparation and Planning activities
- Opening and pre-meeting considerations
- Discussing and exploring
- How to propose
- Agreeing and closing the negotiations
- Listening skills
- Trading concessions
- Handling problems, impasses and the other party’s behaviour
Other courses to consider?
Please contact us to check on public course dates availability.
Presented for 6 to 8 people.
This course is fully tailorable to the needs of your organisation.
With Brexit on everybody’s lips, we are all increasingly aware of the need to get the “right deal”. This is as equally true in business affairs as it is in our country’s discussions with our near neighbours. Knowing how best to approach and conduct negotiations can work wonders for a business’s bottom line.
- “Lots of practical examples helped get message through”