Finance for the non-financial managerCourse ref FN3C
Assuming no prior knowledge of finance this one-day training course provides insights into the basic “finance for non finance manager” information essential to run a business. Starting with a clear and a simple introduction to the fundamental reports, the course leads you through how to use the information provided to better interpret and manage the performance of your area of responsibility.
You’ll get a better idea of how to build up budgets, set prices and control the different types of costs under your influence. Your impact on cash flow and profitability will be understood and you will be much better placed to handle the difficult questions from head office at the month end and make sense of the financial information produced.
Who should attend?
This course will be highly beneficial for:
- Senior managers with responsibility for budgets, projects and commercial decision-making
- Managers who need to understand how businesses work, in order to make their own area more profitable (make money, save money)
- Senior staff from technical backgrounds who are now in wider management and leadership roles, who need to improve their general financial understanding
- Owners of new or growing businesses
- Individuals on the promotion ladder needing additional new skills sets.
What will I come away with?
A wide variety of tangible learning outcomes can typically be achieved, for example:
- Improved profitability
- Improved budgeting and resource planning
- Better buying Managers develop better business acumen
- Improved pricing
- Better business communications
What does this course cover?
Commercial Skills and Knowledge Financial Skills and Knowledge
- Pricing setting
- Margins and break-even points
- Budgeting and budget variances
- Cash management Understanding and using Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Forecasts
- Using financial ratios to diagnose results
- Understanding why head offices and senior managers ask the performance questions they do
Other courses to consider?
Please contact us to check on public course dates availability.
Presented for 4 to 15 people.
This course is fully tailorable to the needs of your organisation ideally making use of your own internal reports.
As individuals progress to more senior positions in an organization many of the key performance conversations they will be exposed to will be increasingly expressed from a financial viewpoint.
A good grasp of the numbers becomes essential if you are not to be left behind.
- Very well presented from a very knowledgeable individual which kept the topic interesting. Morning session was made useful by utilising ratios and using examples related to our business.
- Theory applied in practical examples.
- Useful that there was a lot of reference to our company.
- Very practical, will be able to use the concepts in my role… knowledgeable tutor