The Art of DelegatingCourse ref DS1C
Delegation is one of the most useful skills for a manager to master. This half-day workshop explores the key aspects of delegating: why delegation matters; what to delegate; when to delegate; and who to delegate to. We will also look at the whole delegation process, to see where the pitfalls lie, and what we can do about getting around them.
Who should attend?
All managers will find this a useful refresher. It will be especially useful for new managers.
What will I come away with?
- Get more done in your day to day job
- Release time for more complex work
- Develop yourself and those around you, and build capability in others
What does this course cover?
The course will cover the techniques that managers can use to get more done and to develop their team members:
- Identify delegation opportunities in your job
- Understand the benefits of delegating well
- Learn a seven-step process for effective delegation
- Recognise common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Test your delegation skills through a case study
Other courses to consider?
Please contact us to check on public course dates availability.
Presented for up to 12 people.
This course is fully tailorable to the needs of your organisation.
“Only do what only you can do. Good delegation frees up your time for the more difficult jobs and develops the people who work for you”